2014. október 28., kedd

End of October

It seems that autumn is on its way to turn into winter. After a weird light autumn we had the first frost of the season.
Last weekend plants that use to have flowers in early summer were is bloom,
and now it is 4 below 0, freezing.
I like autumn. The sign that it is here is that I change a few cups of coffee of my daily dose to tea.
The autumn landscape and colors inspire me.
It is good when I can discover shades of autumn in fiber or yarn.
It feels good to have calm activities like spinning when preparing to winter.
Speaking of preparation, during wintertime we need socks.
So I knit socks.
I like that it is mindless (the mock cable is easy to memorize), the rounds just pass, one after the other. 
And I have lots of plans, both in knitting and spinning for long, dark evenings. Of course, if the princess allows me to knit or spin...

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Brrrr, that's cold! I don't think I would want to leave the house in weather that cold. I love mock cable socks, they are fun to knit and so cute!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. We have no choice, and it is only the beginning :)
    Yes, those socks are a great knit, but spinning takes my time these days, so they are almost in the same state right now, maybe 2 repeats more, but before starting the heel... the day is so short...

    VálaszTörlés