2014. október 21., kedd

Entry with a pair of socks

After blogging for more than 5 years in Hungarian I decided to start this English blog also.
I will try to translate most of my Hungarian posts, from the other blog, I guess it will be good for my English.
Last post there is about these socks, which I knit for the first time 2 at a time.
Not a long time ago I said that I will never knit socks two at a time, because I knit for enjoying it, not for creating problems for myself. And damn, I was wrong.
I had some problems with this technique, such as the tangling of the yarn (which is not an issue, at least not such a big problem I assumed it would be) and the bind-off (I will write about it later).
There is a really good knitting blog, where the author always knits her socks like this. I very much liked the result at hers, so there is a way to knit good socks toe-up, two at a time. I had this obsession, so last Wednesday I cast on. 
The theory I knew for a while: One end of yarn for one sock, the other end for the other sock. And not to knit the sock with the other line. Clear.
So I cast on as soon as my favorite 2.5 mm needle became free and told my husband that I need some more 2.5 mm Addis as soon as possible.
I could not decide if I like the yarn or not, but now I know I like it. anyhow, it was a gift, but had no label, so I really have no idea what shade of what yarn I used.
I knew Judy's magic cast-on, I used it already. I just had to make it 2 times on the same set of needles.
Because I could not see the yarn from inside i did not know where I am, so I did not pay attention to the stripes. Anyhow, it does not bother me now.
There is something that I would knit in another way: the toes.
I should have increase for the first 3-4 times every row, so that I could have more rounded toes. Next time.
After the toes I could not decide to knit with 64 sts, or 60, but the No-purl-monkeys won.
I love the pattern.
I had the issue of where to start the stitch-pattern to memorize until I knit the second sock, but then I realized, that I will knit it now, so I have nothing to take care of.
I had no problems until the heel. In fact, I had no problems at the heels, I just had to think where will I start the shaping.
I like the Fish Lips Kiss heel.
Then I knitted upwards the way I would have knitted cuff-down.
And then the bind-off. I was afraid of it. I searched the net for a method. I started with Jeny's bind-off, but after a few stitches I considered it really ugly, so I restarted with Peggy's bind-off.
It was quick and lovely. Logical, stretchy and good-looking.
And I had the pair of socks. With a few minutes between the two pieces.
I love them.
I have the second pair already on needles. 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése