2014. december 31., szerda

+3

No, it is not the temperature outside, because that is -18C, so at last, winter finally arrived. We have some snow as well.
This is how winter should look like. Cold and white.
The +3 refers to another 3 finished projects for this year. In fact there are only 2, because the hat was finished when I wrote the last post, but I did not have pictures of it.
Let's start with the hat. It is a slightly belated Christmas gift for husband.
This one was a quick project, even if I had to knit more repeats than the pattern asks for, men have huge heads, that's why.
The yarn is Drops merino Extra Fine, on 4 mm circulars (yes, I love magic loop).
The pattern is Lina, by Joko Knits.
I plan to knit one for myself also.
Some day.
I felt like I would knit, but had no inspiration. So I said to myself, that I should finish the socks I started back in November. Said and done.
It was two-at-a-time toe-up. I had it knitted for about half of the sole. The first evening I knitted to reach the heels, the next day I made the heels (it is Fish Lips Kiss again) and some of the leg and yesterday evening I made the BO.
I do not like the result on my feet. It is too loose for myself (66 sts on 2.5 mm needles).
But I like the color.
I might use them as bed-socks or give them away.
And one more thing: knitting socks with solid color yarn is BORING.
So, I finished the sock and it was still early evening (like 22:40, or so), and I remembered that I have a baby-cardigan almost finished. It needed only the button-bands and weaving in the ends.
First: I could not find my 6 mm needles. But I found some bamboo 6 mm-s and made one band.
Then I realized the red yarn will be not enough, and I had to search for the white and beige remnants.
It was around midnight when I found them, and quickly picked up the stitches, so that by 1 o'clock I had the cardigan finished, with ends weaved in. It only needs buttons and it is ready to use.
Not for myself, but for a colleague, who is going to have a baby in April.
Now I should figure out what to knit today. We will celebrate the New Year at home, with a good friend who will join us and who is used with me working with yarn, so that is what I will do.

Happy New Year!
(last photo from the internet)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése